Saturday, October 13, 2012

Old House Photo

Today our house was featured in a community event about historical houses.  It was really neat to learn more about all of the other old houses on our block.  Several really cool things happened:

a. I got to talk to a former house owner named Dee Zaborac.  She owned the house for about three years in 1976.
 
b. I got to talk to a women that used to sing at our house while it was a funeral parlor.  She described to us how the different rooms were setup and how the music would flow through the whole lower level of the house.

c. I got to see an old photo of the front of our house.  Well, just a corner of it.  Finding old photos is like hitting the jackpot for us old house nuts.  I could never have dreamed how this porch would have looked originally. Now I have to add "Rebuild front porch/side porch" to my to-do list.


2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is incredible! Of course I looked at the picture right after I watched the movie Sinister...I swear it looks like a young boy looking out the window on the second story. Brian sees a skull on the side porch. LOL Very nice to see what it once was though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I would love to find old photos of our home. I still need to hit up our local historical society and see if they have anything. We suspect our house originally had a front/side porch too and would love to find a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete