Living in the house for the last couple months has been pretty enjoyable. That's not to say that it has been entirely perfect. One difficulty is living without a laundry room. This has inspired Celia and I to start a new project (as if we don't have enough projects started!) The goal is to make this short and sweet. In the end, we spread it over about 2 months.
- Tearing down the paneling and the false ceiling.
- Adding a few electrical outlets $$$
- Filling insulation gaps. $$
- Hanging drywall $$
- Lots of tape and mud
- Primer $$
- Finish coat of paint $$
- Strip/Reglaze/Paint windows $$
- New light fixture(s) $$$
- New washer and dryer $$$$
Still to do:
- Re-install window trim
- Build folding counter between washer/dryer
- Buy/Build/Install utility cabinets.