Saturday, November 26, 2011

Strange locked cabinet

This metal cabinet is mounted in the wall of our hallway. Anybody recognize it? There is a patent stamp, but it is unreadable because it has been covered with too much paint. I think when I get around to stripping it down that will shed some light.
The doors are fairly heavy duty.  About 1/4 inch thick.  The locks (for which I dont have the keys) look pretty wimpy.


Ideas from people so far:
Wall Safe:  Probably not b/c it is in the hallway, locks not beefy enough, and the doors are not inset which would allow them to easily be pried open.
Medicine Cabinet: In the hallway?
Old Electric Panel: 
Cabinet for Housekeeping Chemicals:



2 comments:

  1. I would guess electric or could be access to the original water heating for the bathrooms. When I did my my house I found a small tank metal tank hidden in the wall that was originally used to heat the water for the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was for storing and protecting the family's silver?

    ReplyDelete